Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Reference Patterns

BONES1369

I have an assembly file where I am bolting some parts together.I create the bolt pattern in each, by using a patter table. I assembled the two, and then assembled a bolt to the surfaces, then I try to pattern the bolt. It automaticaly selects reference pattern, and piles 6-7 bolts right on top of each other. Anyone had this happen before?

I think you may have selected references from both of the parts and ProEknowsthere is apattern, but does notactually find it. Try redefining theconstrants to come from only one of the parts.

I have had this problem in the past. The way I solved it was to ensure that the first reference for the bolt was the axis/surface of the hole, followed by where the bolt rests.

Yep,

choosing your references carefully is essential and I totally agree
with picking the axes on both components first however there is a
proviso that sometimes it is better to use the component with the
clearance hole for the bolt to drive the pattern and other times the
"threaded" component for the reference. It all depends upon how many
patterns are involved and what you are trying to achieve.

Also to watch out for is when you have copied a pattern. In this case
it is virtually essential to ref pattern to the child pattern FIRST or
you will almost certainly get the stacking of bolts.

DB

Thanks for all the help, this issue is resolved. I used the feature axis for the bolt, and the axis of the thru hole as an align constraint, then i used the bolt surface, and the counterbore surface as a mate-coincident. Also I placed the bolt in the hole that was the leader of the pattern in the part level.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back