Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Reference Dims

BONES1369

I have a small assembly with a few components, and some created datums. What I need is for the dimensions that show up on the created datums to be reference dimesions. Since the dims are driven dimesions i am not allowed to switch them. Is there a way to create a reference dimension without create a feature?

you have not not mentioned which version of ProE you are using but if you are using WF 2.0 then click on the annotation feature icon placed to the right by default. And create a driven dimension. The dialogue box is self explanatory.

"Without create a feature?"

A reference dimension or a driven dimension itself is a feature so how come you say withut a feature.

If you need help PM me.

I know of 2 ways to do this. The first is to edit the text of the driven dimension. Add a "(" before the "@d" and a ")" after it. The second way is to add a "reference dimension" while in the drawing mode.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back