Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Center of gravity.

Georgi&Jaro

If you are trying to balance something using the center if gravity the pro-e module DMX(Behavioral Modeler) will alow you to set up a series of measures and with those measures you can adjust certain features to make part balanced.

In my experience, stay away from "Analysis...Model Analysis...Assembly Mass Properties."

Instead, find CG via Edit>Setup>Mass Prop. This is more accurate than the previous method.

I use an assembly template with a datum point which position is driven by the following:

$d0:1=PRO_MP_COGX
$d1:1=PRO_MP_COGY
$d2:1=PRO_MP_COGZ

So the point always stays on the COG, it works fine.

Pro_Javi,

Could you explain how you set up a datum point driven by those parameters? It is a good idea, I just do not know how to set it up.

First, create a datum point in an empty assembly:

cog010bo.jpg

Select Tools>Relations and write the relations using Proe

Umm.. we are missing something. I remember those parameters were available since Wildfire 2 if i am not wrong.

You can check those parameters in:
Model Tree: Tree>Colum Display

cog036bu.jpg

In 2001 you should use the following three parameters:
mp_cg_x ("path", "coord_sys", "path")
mp_cg_y ("path", "coord_sys", "path")
mp_cg_z ("path", "coord_sys", "path")

You can dismiss path and coord_sys arguments, if your center of gravity is calculated on the part level. If you want to calculate COG in the assembly, you must define reference coordinate system (e.g. CS of the assembly).
Example:
$d0:1=mp_cg_x("","ACS0","")

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back