Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Parts randomly rotating..

Nborg

Hey, I'm trying to make an assembly but I don't seem to have full control over the placement of parts. Sometimes, when I rotate them, they switch back the original orientation after I click OK..Anyone know what may be causing this?

Thanks

If you are usinginsertconstraintsthat wouldallow >1 possible placement (look at your assembly and think critically), this can happen. I have seen it many times. If this is the case, try and add more constraints (like orient) to lock the part completely.

Remove the allow assumption tick box on the bottom of the assembly constraints window. This should keep the part in the same rotation. It can still rotate if you change other parts and update. The best thing to do is fully constrain the part. or you could fix the part but that has a few bugs so your better off just removing all the constants and just let the part float it wont move it also will not update.

Thanks, it worked when i didn't fully constrain it..I don't know if my teacher is gonna like it but who cares
smiley1.gif

I should have told you this first not fully constraining a part can burn you latter. If you try to assemble a part to one that not fully constrained you might not able to get it to align or mate. It might move the first part.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back