Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

help please!!

azskymaster

I uploaded a wildfire 2 part named arch that I am trying to split into mold components. I have to build an aluminum prototype mold for the part. I have been using 2001 and am just switching to wf2 an am going blind with the effort to split this part.

Can anyone out there assist me in this? Yur help will be most appreciated.

Sky, there really is no difference in mold splitting funtionality from 2001 to WF2. Feature selection is totally different except for a few areas. In others words, you may need to look at the feature selection tutorial to see how you select surfaces and edges now. You can single select by pick the first item and then holding the ctrl key down while selecting additional features, but loops and seed/boundaries are a little more challenging. All methods involve a combination of mouse clicks and use of ctrl or shift key.

I have a suggestion, hey speling, the guy is asking for some help and
all you can give is that. What gives? Do you have any thing to add that
could be... constructive?

Guys,

haven't you read the administrators warnings about posting e-mail addresses in forums.

If you really need to transfer a file outside the forum limits you can always upload it to a
website like yousendit.com and post or PM the link to the person
involved.

DB

Edited by: Dell_Boy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back