Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

NC layouts

BONES1369

Has anyone here ever dealt with what we call NC layouts. That is, a drawing file with each tool being used on the operation in a BOM, and idividual drawings of each tool showingthere breakdown (insert #, arbor #, etc....).

Bones,

You can do that with the process manager but it will not be drawings. It can list a whole lot of things. I use it to generate tool lists by sequence name, tool name, tool offset etc. I know you can do a BOM in the tool itself.

Bones,

We try and have all our tooling as solid asm files, that way we can have an individual drawing breakdown of each tool.Since reading your post, I've researched our situation further to see if any other methods could be used. I have not tried, but feel confident that you could populate tooling drawings foreach operation into a setup sheet (layout), but you would still have to have all these drawing files created.

Example

View attachment 1862

I dont know of any other way to show "idividual drawings of each tool showingthere breakdown (insert #, arbor #, etc....)." as you stated other than the method above. We are a production shop so all our tools may be associated with another job. After enough initial time spent creating these tools, most new asm tools are easily created with the existing prt library (holders, extensions, cutter bodies, and tools).

The print above can run on anyone of 6 different horizontal mills that incorporate an 8 digit identifying tool number (10200021 in this case).

We've published all of our tool asm drawings to PDF and have them in a folder avaible in the tool crib via a PC. Tools are set up independent of the machine upon which they are used. A CAT50 may go on a DeVlieg or a Toyoda, it doesn't really matter to ProNC or the crib.

Regards

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back