Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SpaceBall 3003 FLX driver needed for XP

cmarcum

Could someone direct me toor send me a Windows XP driver for the spaceball 3003 FLX? I was told by 3Dconnexion that this model is no longer supported and they would not give me the driver.

Thanks,

Thanks to all who responded.

It looks like the drivers available for the newer spaceball models do work with the 3003 FLX model on XP and 2000. But on some machines there appears to be a driver conflict somewhere. On Win 2000 it was a Microsoft Ballpoint driver(not using, but driver loaded). On XP, still unknown.

Thanks again

Carl

I have a 2002 that works fine with the newest drivers. I had issues with my UPS software and which com port it wanted to used.

Michael

cmarcum said:
Thanks to all who responded.

It looks like the drivers available for the newer spaceball models do work with the 3003 FLX model on XP and 2000. But on some machines there appears to be a driver conflict somewhere. On Win 2000 it was a Microsoft Ballpoint driver(not using, but driver loaded). On XP, still unknown.

Thanks again

Carl

This isa known problem with Win2K. There are options to prevent Windows from loading (found on the 3DConnexion-site, I think) the ballpointdriver but in my case it doesn't always work. One out off 10 times I have no spaceball running. Restarting normally cures the problem.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back