Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM lines

Indusign

Hello,

We here have several BOM's where the same part is split up in different lines.

The only diference between the parts is that some have an assembly cut on this level. Has anybody any idea how to get this working right again ?

Working on a HP XW8200 64 bit comp with Wildfire2 date code M170

View attachment 1772

View attachment 1773
Edited by: Indusign

Goto: Table --> repeat region --> attributes. Be sure that region attributes are set to "no duplicates" or "no duplicate/level"

Let me know it it worked.

A.

The mass of the parts is the problem. First calculate the mass properties for the assembly for Pro/E to remember the mass, and then erase mass properties relation in the duplicated parts (mass=pro_mp_mass or mass=mp_mass("")).Pro/E will assume the mass isn't changedfor cut components and will showproper number of componentinstead of multiple items with qty of 1 of the same component.

Hello ,

Thanks for the tips, but niether of them works, so will need to find something else.

In ProE 200i2 we did have this problem also sometimes, but then by restarting ProE, the problem was fixed. Realy loosing time when having a verry large assy open.

If somebody has any other ideas, just let us know, as I think we're not the only ones who suffer from this bug.

smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

WF still does it, 2 same parts, with assembly cut(s) are 2 lines in BOM.

Is this a bug or does anybody has a real working solution ?

Realy needing something to get the tables back in line, they're now way to long because of this fault in ProE. Realy having doubts if pro means profesional

I run into this problem all the time. When you use parts that have the same component name and component number, but have slightly different features, ProE will not combine them to give you a total quantity because the model geometry is not the same. The way around this is tousea table relation. In your case I would do the following:

change the report parameter for the Qty column to be rpt.rel.bomqty

Add the table relation:

IF asm.mbr.ComponentNumber == "MC001-228" (ComponentNumber is the parameter name used in that column.

bomqty = what you need the qty to be

else

bomqty = rpt.qty

endif

Then you use table filter by item to exclude the extra lines in the table.

Hope this works for you.

Ron.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back