Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Component parameters in assembly

BONES1369

I have an assembly file with say a dozen compontents in it. What I need to do is create a parameter in each component. To do this I go, tools, parameters, under the fly down select component, then select your component, then add the desired paramater. Is there a way to tell pro-e to prompt me for this parameter each time that I assemble a component. When I was running 2001 someone had figured this out, but now I need it for WF II. Any ideas?

I have another solution, to define the parameter for each component.

Normaly, you can only definethe componentparameter one by one. But you can use the search tool and search for all components named *. When you have selected all the components, you can open the Parameter window with the RMB command. This way you can define the parameters for all components at once.
We have a modeltree with the specified parameter, where we can fill in the values afterrwards.

hi kurtstark,

can you explain better? I have a similar problem: I have 3parameters for description in my standard part; when I make a project the first parameter is the same for each part, the second identifies the subassembly, so it may be the same for 1/4 of the complete amount of parts, and the last one is different for each part.

I'm looking for a solution for automatically fill the first 2 parameter.

Thank you

bye

Hi Luca

Pro/Ecan define component parameters, which are only valid for the component in the actualassembly. The discribed method makes it possible to define these parameters at once, it also allows you toinsert the same value to all of them:
With the search tool you search for Component with Name is equal to *. Select all of them, close the search tool window and use the right mouse botton menu for opening the parameter Window (Edit Parameter). Now you can add parameters to all of the components at once, define the parameter name, define the type and give a value.
If you need this parameter or parameter value only for some of your components, you probably find a way to select your needed components with the search tool, or you manualy select only the needed ones in the list of the search tool.

Good luck,
Kurt

hi Kurtstark,

now I have understood your tip, but the problem now is that my parameters already exist in my parts, I don't need to create new parameters, but I need to fill them. With your way this seems to be not possible.

Bye

Luca

If you list the parameters in the model tree it makes it very easy to
copy and paste the required common parameters from component to
component.

DB

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back