Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Customisizing pro-e

vijayhiitsme

Hi,

I would like to customize the pro-e feature info window.I would like to know the count of cuts( for example: the no: of holes with a particular dia in the model).In what way can i get this information on the count of holes.i would like some assist on this.It would be good if someone can give me useful information on this to get the count of holes in the model with a particular dia.

thanks & regards

dhananjay

hi chandra,

i jus want to have a count of the holes...i dont mind using anything either pro-tool kit or pro-program... instead of counting the no: of holes manually....i want the count to be obtained automatically using some tool...

For Example: If there are 100 holes in part i need things this way..

.319 dia holes 40, .220 holes 30 , .406 holes 30

so that it will be easy to track things for quality check...please give me details on this...how would i get the count of the holes in part?

thanks & regards

dhananjay

You have to traverse the features of the part or of each part in the assembly. You would filter out all features except holes. Then you would have to perform a diameter calculation on each hole and store it. Look in the Pro/TOOLKIT documentation API Wizard under User's Guide->Geometry->Visiting Geometry Objects->Visiting Feature Geometry.

williaps is correct. I've never did it, but thats how I would tackle it. Should be good examples in toolkit wizard on traversing, that you can pretty much cut and paste.

GuysI have a problem my license for the pro/tool kit is not funtioning....

Can this problem have a simpler solution(ie without using the pro/toolkit)...like can the holes be filtered in the feature info window and can the count be obtained for various dia holes present in the model...please help me on this....

what i am planning for, is to make the count of holes as parmetric in the drawings of the solid models...which would make the drawings error free in terms of the count of holes and see to that all the holes stick to the specification...

please tell me if there is any other way to go about thisissue.....

Without Pro/TOOLKIT? Export the Pro/PROGRAM and parse it for the Feature Type. That might be a cheap solution.

Alternatively, (plug) you might look at NitroMation-API (http://www.nitromation.com). Those visit functions are already embeded in the code, and you can search by wildcard, type and feature status. :)

Dave

Hi ,

I don't think there is no solution directly avail in Pro-Engineer...unitl unless you need to write macto using Pro-Toolkit or Pro-Program.If you aware of those you can get a soultion for that.Pl decribe with elobrate what exactly are you looking for.

I didn't get the info window...

Kishore

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back