Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Constraints

gilmarpaulista

smiley5.gif
Hi, I am experiencing some major problems while trying to build an assembly here. The problem: i need to set a constraint that allows me to put an angle related to two surfaces, but when I do this the two surfaces goes to a "coincident" position. And there are no option (at least I can

If you created a datum plane at an angle in one part then you can use this to rotate both parts in relation to each other. If the location of the reference planes doesn't match then use "oriented" as option instead of "mate" or "align". This approach has the disadvantage that the rotation angle is a variable of the part and not of the assembly.

Alex

If I understand your question exacly, try creating an axis first, referencing your surfaces, then create a datum through that axis, normal to your placement surface. Do this when your in the component assemble comand, and the axis and datums will not show in the model tree, but the driving dimensions will.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back