Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Start GPOST as standalone

pro_javi

Hello pro/gurus.

Is there any way to create a shortcutto GPOST, without running Proe? If i open GPOST from Proe i can

pro_javi

good question, I haven't explored that idea, I just go through the process of open, change, save, close, post, check, repeat. My one big big advice/wisdom is to get Textpad (if you haven't already done so) I love it, one really nice plus over say notepad is everytime your .tap file changes, the opened .tap file (while using Textpad) updates as opposed to having to close and reopen notepad or having many notepad files open. 2cents.

PTC has a document that covers this. The link to is is:
http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_25/howto/ncgp2645/ncgp2645.htm

Note that an active support account is required.

The long and short of the document is to create a shortcut to the file:
<loadpoint>\bin\progpostq.bat

There are some additional options that are suggested. Specifically,

<loadpoint>\bin\progpostq.bat -sy:2 -db:<absolute_path\to\your\post_library>

Another (non-related) suggestion is the use of NoteTab Pro as a text editor. It has a nice feature set, and allows the user to display two text files simultaneously. (I. e. NCL and corresponding tape file)

Regards-
-tsl

thanks for the tip! i felt a little silly having to launch Pro/E, load a MFG file, then call Pro/NC to launch the NC Post Processor every time i want to tweak the PP.

lurking here does have its benefits.

smiley36.gif

thanks once again!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back