Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Simp Rep Help

williaps

<DIV =Section1>
All,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I have a part that has several instances. With toolkit I am opening one of those instances and retrieving a simp rep. Then I output an ACIS file and then I want to clear my memory of everything except the generic part that I started with. How do I do this? I am unable to successfully call ProFaminstanceErase I think because I have a simp rep of the instance open. However when I call ProMdlErase on the ProPart simp rep handle it crashes Pro. Can someone give me some advice on activating/retrieving a simp rep of an instance of a part and then erasing it? Here is my code to output the ACIS file. I am not trying to erase the instance in the function. I try and erase the instance in the calling function.

Code:
ProError Model3D::OutputACIS(ProMdl mdlInstance, wstring symbolValue, ProSimprep simpRep) {

char *szFuncName = "OutputACIS()";

ProError pro_error = PRO_TK_NO_ERROR;

ProPart pro_partSimpRep = NULL;

ProFamilyName pro_wszMdlName;

ProName pro_wszSimpRepName;

ProSimprepType pro_simpRepType;

ProIntf3DExportType pro_intf3DExportType = PRO_INTF_EXPORT_SAT;

ProOutputAssemblyConfiguration pro_outputAsmConfig = PRO_OUTPUT_ASSEMBLY_FLAT_FILE;

ProBoolean pro_bIsSupported = PRO_B_FALSE;

ProOutputBrepRepresentation pro_bRep;

ProOutputInclusion pro_outputInclusion;

ProOutputLayerOptions pro_outputLayerOptions;

ProSelection pro_sel;

ProPath pro_wszFileName;

ProGeomitem pro_geomItem;

ProCsys pro_csys;

ProSimprep pro_simpRepMaster;

//Get the name of the simp rep

pro_error = ProModelitemNameGet((ProModelitem*)&simpRep, pro_wszSimpRepName);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProModelitemNameGet()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Activate the simp rep

if(m_pro_mdlType == PRO_MDL_PART) {

//Get the simp rep type

pro_error = ProSimprepTypeGet(&simpRep, &pro_simpRepType);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProSimprepTypeGet()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Get the name of the instance

pro_error = ProMdlNameGet(mdlInstance, pro_wszMdlName);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProMdlNameGet()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Retrieve the simp rep

pro_error = ProPartSimprepRetrieve(pro_wszMdlName, pro_simpRepType, pro_wszSimpRepName, &pro_partSimpRep);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProPartSimprepRetrieve()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

}

else if(m_pro_mdlType == PRO_MDL_ASSEMBLY) {

//Activate the simp rep

pro_error = ProSimprepActivate((ProSolid)mdlInstance, &simpRep);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProSimprepActivate()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

pro_partSimpRep = (ProPart)mdlInstance;

}

//Display the mdl

pro_error = ProMdlDisplay(pro_partSimpRep);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProMdlDisplay()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Build the output filename

swprintf(pro_wszFileName, L"%s_%s_%s", symbolValue.c_str(), m_wstrLayerValue.c_str(), wcsstr(pro_wszSimpRepName, L"_") + 1);

//Verify that the assembly configuration is valid for exporting and IGES file

pro_error =  ProOutputAssemblyConfigurationIsSupported(pro_intf3DExportTy pe, pro_outputAsmConfig, &pro_bIsSupported);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProOutputAssemblyConfigurationIsSupported()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

if(pro_bIsSupported == PRO_B_FALSE)

return PRO_TK_BAD_INPUTS;

//Allocate geometry flags structure

pro_error = ProOutputBrepRepresentationAlloc(&pro_bRep);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProOutputBrepRepresentationAlloc()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Set the geometry flags structure

pro_error = ProOutputBrepRepresentationFlagsSet(pro_bRep, PRO_B_FALSE, PRO_B_FALSE, PRO_B_TRUE, PRO_B_FALSE);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProOutputBrepRepresentationFlagsSet ()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Verify that these flags are supported

pro_error = ProOutputBrepRepresentationIsSupported(pro_intf3DExportType, pro_bRep, &pro_bIsSupported);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProOutputBrepRepresentationIsSupported()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

if(pro_bIsSupported == PRO_B_FALSE)

return PRO_TK_BAD_INPUTS;

//Allocate inclusion flags structure

pro_error = ProOutputInclusionAlloc(&pro_outputInclusion);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProOutputInclusionAlloc()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Set the inclusion flags

pro_error = ProOutputInclusionFlagsSet(pro_outputInclusion, PRO_B_FALSE, PRO_B_FALSE, PRO_B_FALSE);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProOutputInclusionFlagsSet()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Allocate the layer options structure

pro_error = ProOutputLayerOptionsAlloc(&pro_outputLayerOptions);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProOutputLayerOptionsAlloc()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Set the layer options

pro_error = ProOutputLayerOptionsAutoidSet(pro_outputLayerOptions, PRO_B_TRUE);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProOutputLayerOptionsAutoidSet()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Get the csys for this simp rep

pro_csys = GetCsys(pro_partSimpRep);

//Convert the cys to a geomitem

pro_error = ProCsysToGeomitem((ProSolid)pro_partSimpRep, pro_csys, &pro_geomItem);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProCsysToGeomitem()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Allocate a selection object for the csys geomitem

pro_error = ProSelectionAlloc(NULL, (ProModelitem*)&pro_geomItem, &pro_sel);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProSelectionAlloc()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Output the IGES file

pro_error = ProIntf3DFileWrite((ProSolid)pro_partSimpRep, pro_intf3DExportType, pro_wszFileName, pro_outputAsmConfig, pro_sel, pro_bRep, pro_outputInclusion, pro_outputLayerOptions);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProIntf3DFileWrite()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Free the csys selection object

pro_error = ProSelectionFree(&pro_sel);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProSelectionFree()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Free the layer options structure

pro_error = ProOutputLayerOptionsFree(pro_outputLayerOptions);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProOutputLayerOptionsFree()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Free the inclusion flags structure

pro_error = ProOutputInclusionFree(pro_outputInclusion);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProOutputInclusionFree()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

//Free the geometry flags structure

pro_error = ProOutputBrepRepresentationFree(pro_bRep);

PROUTIL_CALL_REPORT("ProOutputBrepRepresentationFree()", szFuncName, pro_error, pro_error!=PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

return PRO_TK_NO_ERROR;

}

Patrick Williams
Application Engineer
Steelcase Inc.
</DIV>

Hi Patrick,
You have to check whether instance is open before you call ProFaminstanceErase. You can use corresponding Mdl handle to ProMdlWindowGet to check that.

I have related problem, where I could not get separate ProMdl handle for different simpreps of an assembly. I'm trying ProAssemblySimprepRetrieve(), but it always return same assembly handle.
PTK_CALL(err = ProAssemblySimprepRetrieve(asmname,simpname,NULL,model));
Here, I' giving different simpname,but the same model(ProAssembly) is returned.

Can you help on this?

There is a definite bug with this functionality. There will be an SPR filed for it but I don't know the number as of yet.

Hi Patrick,
When you say Bug, is it in ProAssemblySimprepRetrieve or ProFaminstanceErase. We are using ProFaminstanceErase and it does not crash. We make a check to see if it is not displayed in a window. Only models not present in a window can be erased from memory using ProMdlErase or ProFaminstanceErase.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back