Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to extract CUTTING TIME in Pro/NC

dida128

I need something what most people working with Pro/NC need.

It is automatic creation of some kind of parameter in NC-SEQUENCE which will contain CUTTING TIME what Pro/NC gives in info for NC-SEQUENCE or in .ppl file.

Please be so kind and give me some ideas.

I tryed everything, but nothing I am capable to do works.

THNX

dida128

This cannot be done automatically in Pro/ENGINEER. THe cutting time can be retrieved from Manufacturing Info, or from GPOST, whichever is more accurate, and entered manually based on that. The cutting time from GPOST has the potential to be more accurate, anyway, depending upon the construction of the post.

I have submitted an enhancement request for this, and I know some of my colleagues have as well.

yes, like gunther says, the cutting time it's depedent of machine set-up, not NC-Sequence.

and ths is depends wich post you are use:

-gpost, or

-ncpost

if you use gpost and vericut for verifier, verycut it's prety good for time optimization

[email protected]

Try creating, or adding this to your "tool change" sectionin G-post. This will give you cycle times for each tool and output them to the tape code.

CIMFIL/ON,LOADTL

RSLT=POSTF(20) $$ SAVE CURRENT CL RECORD

TIME=TEXT/POSTF(1,3,0498) $$ GET CYCLE TIME BETWEEN TOOL CHANGES

INSERT/'(TOOL CYCLE TIME=',TIME,')',EOB $$ EOB IS"END OF BLOCK" CHARACTER

RSLT=POSTF(21) $$ RETRIEVE CURRENT CL RECORD

RSLT=POSTF(13)$$ PROCESS CURRENT CL RECORD

CIMFIL/OFF

You can also get "total time" by looking at the "lst" file generated by G-post

This has been addressed in Wildfire M180 and newer. There is a new parameter which can be added to the sequence sheet's repeat region

mfg.oper.ncseq.cutting_time

Regards

you can try this.. i am not sure how u have to fix it.. but this macro is good for any machine.... it writes program size and machining time..

ENDSUM=MACRO

_TTIME=POSTF(1,3,495)&nb sp; $$ DBLCOM 495:total machining time

_TCHAR=POSTF(1,3,494)&nb sp; $$ DBLCOL 494:total tape length

PPRINT/'CYCLE TIME:',_TTIME,'sec. BYTES:',_TCHAR

TERMAC

now to print the machining time at the end of the program we need to make a CIMFIL macro on FINI.

CIMFIL/ON,FINI

%SAVE_CLREC

CALL/ENDSUM

%RESTORE_CLREC

%PROCESS_CLREC

CIMFIL/OFF

i have this helps

peterbrown77 said:
This has been addressed in Wildfire M180 and newer. There is a new parameter which can be added to the sequence sheet's repeat region

mfg.oper.ncseq.cutting_time

Can't see it in WF3 (M020) ???? Can anyone confirm that please.

Thanks,

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back