Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

insert in right menu option

design-engine

This might be easy to do with Pro/TOOLKIT ...

I want to go into insert mode by left clicking on a feature and right hold down then bounce right into insert after or before that feature.

Bart, I tried to record a mapkey to do just that, but it just dropped me into the "Select a Feature" prompt even if I had a feature already selected. Grr. I'm watching this thread for replies. Hopefully someone has a solution. Dragging the "Insert here" bar is ok if you have less than a screenful of features but as soon as you have to scroll while dragging it's a pain.

PTC really needs to work on the RMB menus. There are lots of context sensitive actions that would be logical to perform based on what you have pre-selected. Another case of GUI developement by non-users.

I still like Pro/E so very much. <smile>

We are about to anounce the photoreal competition winners on Design-engine.com

BigJoe said:
Bart, I tried to record a mapkey to do just that, but it just dropped me into the "Select a Feature" prompt even if I had a feature already selected. Grr. I'm watching this thread for replies. Hopefully someone has a solution. Dragging the "Insert here" bar is ok if you have less than a screenful of features but as soon as you have to scroll while dragging it's a pain.

You can still use a map key to get you to the edit-->feature operations-->insert mode -->activatewhere it will prompt you to select where you want to insert, then hit done manually. I think having a map key to do that is still better than draging the insert mode up from the bottom of the file tree.

csusie said:
You can still use a map key to get you to the edit-->feature operations-->insert mode -->activatewhere it will prompt you to select where you want to insert, then hit done manually. I think having a map key to do that is still better than draging the insert mode up from the bottom of the file tree.

csusie, that's exactly what I'm doing now. It's the best option I've found for activating insert mode. I'm hoping that someone has a method of activating insert mode on a pre-selected feature.

BigJoe

I think that that mapkey is okay if you are going from regular mode to insert mode because its 2 mouse clicks instead of 1 (with your desired mapkey), that is reasonable. You will run into a problem when you are already in insert mode and want to move up or down a significant amount. That is quite a pain, I have been trying to find a the same solution as you and that is the best I have found yet.

csusie said:
You will run into a problem when you are already in insert mode and want to move up or down a significant amount. That is quite a pain, I have been trying to find a the same solution as you and that is the best I have found yet.

I know how much of a pain that can be. In that case, I quit insert mode altogether, then activate insert mode in the new location, after scrolling through the model tree of course.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back