Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Skeloton Modellin

sk_astroman

hi

can anybody clear me what is skeloton modelling. how it differ from Layout modelling.
is there any seperate module in pro-e for skeloton modelling.

thank u

-astroman

Hello there,

I assume by layout modelling you mean defining layouts (2d sketches which govern key aspects of design). These two techniques are part of the same process known as top down modelling the 2d sketches devised are then declared to a skeleton model (within a top level assembly).

In order to create either layouts or skeleton models you will require AAX (advanced assembly) module. You can check your support.inf file to see if you have the module required (all modules installed are listed here) if you dont have this module you can only edit skeleton models.

check out this http://www.ptc.com/go/wildfire/get/top_down/index2.htm

and all will be clear!

Also if you are relatively new to proe i would also strongly reccomend you become accustomed with the following before sarting any ttd

use of layers, assembly management, start parts, globalreference viewer andreference control

I am relatively new to the technique myself however if you have any further questions feel free to ask

cheers

You don't AAX to use Skeleton modeling. Pro-E has a feature call skeleton in there ASM but you don't need to use it you can do all the same things with a simple part.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

You don't need Layout modeling you can do all this with curves.

Layout and Skeleton is just a why for PTC to sell you more software.

Mack

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back