Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mold design

rakesh_cipet

Hello everybody,

any body help me about core and cavity extraction in manufacturing only in slider. if u have any tutorial or other things then mail me . specialy sudish sir

yours

rakesh

Rakesh, I have been doing mold design with ProE for 9 years, and I have never used the slider functionality. I think they just added it 3 or so years ago. So today, I took time to look at it and use it. I think it is useless. Why do you want to use it? Slides and lifters should be done with parting surfaces and then split so that core and slider are created simultaneously.

Am I missing something, is this really a useful feature? Does anyone else use this feature?

Hello Mr. RCAMP& nbsp;
Thanks for mail
Pl. tell about your location are u an Indian because u write
That u use pro/e for 9 years but I know this had been came before
Three Years ago from till date. But for <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>ur</st1:place></st1:City> information silider option
Is used in Pro/E wildfire 1 & 2.
I am a new PRO/E user working on it for 1 and

Hello Rakesh. No I'm in the US.You may beright, slider option could have been there longer. Pro/E is a great program! You seem to be learning it quickly. What is CIPET?

If youdo a search on Monster.com, it shows PTC jobs in IN-MA-Pune and IN-MA-Bangalore.

Hi Rakesh
If you can wait I will just make a tutorial for u but wait for some days. You can use sliders option and if the slider will be very complicated you can split again cavity or core splited volume.
Zaki

Hello Mr. RCAMP

Thanks for mail

CIPETmeansCENTRAL INSTITIUTE OF PLASTIC ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY

One more question is that my senior tell me that there is no future in design specially

using Pro/e so i am frustated to hear this. So what u say is there is posibility to get a handsome

job in north india . Please guide me

take care

rakesh

hai rakesh

hw r u .iam also one of the pmd student in cipet hyd .

i saw ur questions, commonly slider option is used to extract side cores and tappered slots .i dont think that we can make the full extractions on sider option itself

regards

p.vijayprasanna

smiley20.gif

Hello Mr vijayprasanna ,

thanks for mail . i am happy to know that u r also a cipetian,

if u don't mind pl. says somthing about urself. now this time

where r u .

asusay about slider it is right but during extraction slider extaract

but same shape is look in cavity upto wall thickness.

pl solve my problem

thanks

take care

by

Hi Rakesh

Please check another topic "mold split & lifter". Actually slider option just make a mold volume that can clear the undercut, and it is useless without modifying it. It is usefull when ur slide should not complicated. Otherwise it is useless.

Sorry for late reply, I was extremely busy.I will upload here a mfg file today or atleast tommorow.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back