Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

2001<-->Wildfire x.x

marker4x4

Question for those of you who use WF: have you noticed any compatibility problems when opening/working on NC assys created in ProE2001?

I remember there was some problem with SideMilling Tools created in 2000i - some tool params needed to be re-created in ProE2001.

I'd like to hear from you before we take a plunge into WF.

BTW, what's your opinion on WF3.0???? Anything exciting worthy looking forward to??

Thanks

-mark

Mark,

I have been using wildfire from 1.0 for proman. The only thing I see sometimes is an error for tool parameters. They still work good soI ignore them. Alotof the GUI is the same as 2001 as well. There are a few new millingfeatures. I like it beter than 2001 for ease offuntion among other things that I can't think of at this time. Have you played with it yet. When I started playing with it I kept 2001 and wildfire. I gotused to wildfire before I changed to it.From posts that I have seen that you were in I think that you will have no problem with wildfire. As far as 3.0 I can't tell you about that as that we dumped maintenance in November.

Mark,

We've not noticed any compatibility problems going from 2001>Wildfire 1.0>Wildfire 2.0. I'm not sure why side_milling tools would cause trouble.

That being said, there are definite usability advantages to Wildfire 2.0 versus 2001. Among them are:

1) You can play the sequence or operation directly from the Model Tree. This allows you to see what a sequence does without having to open it.

2) Wildfire 2 plays shaded tool assemblies in the Model Window, so you don't have to resort to Vericut for basic viewing.

3) Wildfire 2 exports the solid tool assembly to Vericut.

4) The new Process Manager allows a different workflow for creating sequences.

These of course are NC-specific. Wildfire 2 itself is much easier to learn and use than 2001, from how you interact with selection and the mouse to all the changes incorporated in the dashboard.

Wildfire 3's NC updates are the inclusion of mfg geometry into a 'dashboard' operation, a new Tool Manager that allows you to also set the coolant option and spindle direction per tool, mirror toolpaths (whose cutcoms go the right way), as well as some new sequence types and more integration of the Process Manager.

WF3 will be available on Friday (3/17)

Regards

peterbrown77 said:
.....WF3 will be available on Friday (3/17)

Regards

Can't wait
smiley1.gif
smiley1.gif
smiley1.gif

Thanks Peter!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back