Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Fixing a view point

huliyar

hi all,

is there a way to fix a view point in pro engineer? what i mean is like seeing through a point (similar to fixing a camera in 3ds max), which would help me to virtually seethe visibility of the equipment from a particular position. for example, sitting in the car driver seat and looking at the ip and making sure whether the speedometer is visible through the steering wheel.

thanks in advance,

s.huliyar

Have a look at View / Model Setup / Perspective. You can move the eye to the desired viewing location. It appears the eye location is relative to the model center. I'm not sure if you can change it to be relative to the spin center, but if you can, then you can create a coordinate system at the viewing location and then move the spin center to that coordinate system. Otherwise, you'll have to play with the 'Eye Dist' & 'Pan Eye' settings to get to the right location.

Good luck,

<tg>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back