Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF2.0 text size

shell0995

Okay, we just loaded WF2. All seems to be going well with the transition, with the exception of a few "chair to keyboard interface problems".
smiley36.gif

I was working on a drawing and found the information text on the bottom of the window is very very small!! (SCALE: TYPE: PART:...........) How do I change this? I wanted to print page 2 through last page, which was 6, and the 6 looked like 0!!!

Thanks in advance!

Michelle
smiley17.gif

Thank you Leon for your reply.

I changed the font_size to large, saved the config file, closed WF2, relaunched, opened the drawing and the text was the same. I then verified the value and it still was set to large.
smiley5.gif
Below is a jpg of the problem text.

Any other ideas? Anyone?

Michelle

View attachment 1662

I also tried the following config settings and they seem to have no effect on anything:

default_font and menu_font

You may need to resort to getting a magnifying glass.
smiley4.gif

Al

which maintenance release is your WF 2.0, I mean there is huge difference between M040 and M160.

M160 and M180 are reportedly the most stable releases.

Israr

Add this to your config.pro
text_height_factor 50
You may need to play with the value to get what is right for you.

Israr - we have M160.

Volunteer - thank you, that works!! I was hoping to not have to resort to the maginfying glass that Al mentioned!!
smiley36.gif

Michelle

Volunteer said:
Add this to your config.pro
text_height_factor 50
You may need to play with the value to get what is right for you.

changing text heighth factor will change all on screen native text ie if you hit edit on a feature the text will come up bigger and will be hard to see because they will over lap each other

just warning you

megaladon said:
changing text heighth factor will change all on screen native text ie if you hit edit on a feature the text will come up bigger and will be hard to see because they will over lap each other

just warning you

megaladon is correct in saying this changes all the screen text to become larger (including the sketcher). But, when you get older and can't see like you used to,
the large text is worth any other hassle it migh cause.
smiley9.gif

Edited by: Volunteer

text_height_factor is the weirdest config option yet! The bigger the value the smaller the test size! 50 looked a little big so I went down and the text got bigger. 60 ended up being a good value for me.

I agree with gallup. Mine is now set at 60, using the use_pre_wildfire... set to yes. At 50 the datum plane tags were large.
smiley36.gif
There are older in the group, but I won't tell them they have to set their text to a larger size... I be too afraid --->
smiley18.gif

Thank you to all who responded. Finally got the text and size to where I am happy.

Michelle

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back