Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bass Guitar Rendering - Mental Ray

fhodshon

modeled in pro/e wf2

rendered in max/mental ray

vviper_lores_walnut.jpg

Hifhodshon..

So this is the great Photoreal Rendering!!! .. Please can youexplain me, How did you create mental ray efect ? Did you use Proengineer ARX? Is in Proengineer the Mental Ray efect function? What the Mental Ray exactly is?

I am working in Proeonly2 years but with ARX only few months.. My models does not look like Photoreal .. I am always looking for right way to create it... May be you can give me some tips or trick to create it .. I would like to know something about Mental Ray function..

Thanks in advance,,

hi Miko,

thanks!

as i said in the original post, i use 3D Studio MAX and the included Mental Ray rendering engine.

i model everything in Pro/Engineer then export into 3D Studio MAX for material application and rendering.

f

Very nice improvement when you added the shape to edges of the bass body.

3D Studio seems to give very good results. I have seen lots of renderings from that program and they almost always seem to be a cut above other results.

Nice work.

Sweet work! Now just how did you export from pro/e to 3dsmax so nicely?

Btw. I play on a Warwick :) Those Zons look pretty!
Edited by: Nborg

Gud work dude

all those g's are mindblowing - i work with wf2 and i even have 3ds max - i can import and see the model but couldnt go further with rendering and especially animation - is it like only the native parts cud be animated or we can import a part an animate?

Cud u people give me some guidelines to achieve the abovementioned

thanks a lot

cheers
Ringo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back