Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Simple PRO/E customization question

countdrak

I have never used PRO/E but I am trying to write some code to pull REV numbers and some other information from PRO/E and insert it in a table.

I know in Autocad I use VBA to write code , Is there a language to code PRO/E in?

If there is a programming language , Do I need to buy an external tool kit to customize it? Is it free?

I need some basic tutorials on customizing PRO/E and what version of PRO/E do I require to write code?

Thanks for the help.

parameters!

What you need to do is add parameters in your model (id add them in the the start part file for fucture use)

once you add parameters in the model you can call them out on the drawing.

once you make your table in the drawing or formate file you can type & in front of your parameter name.

& = the and sign tells proe its looking for a parameter

example: &dwg_name

countdrak,

Pro/E has several API's which you can use to customize or automate Pro/E.

1. Pro/TOOLKIT requires a license ($20k). This is a C API. 80% functionality of Pro/E UI.

2. J-Link is free. This is a Java API. 60% functionality of Pro/TOOLKIT.

3. WebLink is free. This is the same jar as J-Link but can be used in Javascript. 60% of Pro/TOOLKIT.

My recommendation would be to use J-Link since you are doing some basic functionality which J-Link supports. All of these API's are on the Pro/E CD's as an installation option. If you are looking for Pro/TOOLKIT tutorials I see that www.frotime.com has come out with a few.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back