Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

surface to sheetmetal

sathian83

hai pro/e's

i have one sheetmetal part. since i am not strong in sheetmetal, i have done it in surface and thickened it. now i want to know it developed area or unbend it. the part has forms (punch and notch) also. if i try to unbend it, it is giving error.

how to overcome this, first of all , can we unbend the sheetmetal that is done using notch and ounch.

attach the part file or atleast the picture of it. Then it will be easier to help you.

Israr

since it is my customer component it can't post the full image even though what i shownhere is the area where i have problem.
untitled.JPG

Edited by: sathian83

You cannot unbend a part with forms, extrusions etc., if they are intersecting with the bend itself (like reinforcement gussets). If those forms were created in Sheetmetal (Insert->Form ...), you can do a 'Flatten form' first and then unbend the part.
In your case you have to eliminate them from the 'original quilt' that you used to create the sheetmetal, fill the area and then create the sheetmetal wall. And in the sheetmetal, you create them forms as punches and 'Form' it into the part. Then you can suppress them if you want to unbend the part.

Hope this helps.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back