Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

edrawings

warmwinds

Does anyone know how to convert a pro-e model from.prt into .eprt, so it can be viewed with edrawings. The 'Save a Copy' does not have the .eprt selection. I've installed the free edrawings for pro-e software and I've read that it was supposed to embed a publisher inside pro-e but I can't find it. Should I be setting something up in the configuration file?

If yuo don't see a new eDrawings menu then it is probably not installed correctly.

Check your Auxilliary Applications to make sure it is running.

-Brian

Yes it should show as a drop down menu and you should get a splash screen when proe boots up! if not then i would opt for a full install

cheers happy new year

Thanks for the reply.

In the 'Utilities-Auxiliary Applications' menu, is shows no auxiliary applications are loaded. This is the same for Pro-E 2001 and WildfireII. Do I have to register one? I've tried re-installing the eDrawing program (dDrawingsForProE_3.1.1)three times with no change.

The helpscreen in the eDrawing program states that 'The eDrawing Publisher for Pro/Engineer appears as the eDrawing menu in the Pro/Engineer application'. I'm not sure where I should find this eDrawing menu in Pro-E or whether the 'Save a Copy' window should simply give me the .eprt option.

You were right. The eDrawing was installed for viewing only and not for publishing. Reinstalling didn't give me the original option to select for either viewing or publishing. Uninstalling and then reinstalling allowed me to select the publishing option and load the eDrawing software into the proper Pro-E folder. Now when I load Pro-E the eDrawing pull down menu shows in the top tool bar.

In my opinion the eDrawing viewer is superior to the ProductView Express viewer.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back