Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Unbend drawing

zg9981

Hi, How many ways to create one unbend sheetmetal drawing with bend default view in general view drawing ? I have one way to build it. Using setup /fixed geometry/flat feature/ than you can create.But it's not convenient,anybody have other better way?

OK i din't understad your question until now. Ill think if you use the family member as the default part in the drawing it might work. But this means you have to make the part with view's in mind.

Hi, pmack009

using family table to create, in general view, you will add two model, one bend part and one unben part, that's one way. You are right, we have to make the part with view's in mind.

I heard somebody else say there are three ways to do this. But I can do in thisway only.

THE WAY I DO IT IS THIS

1) CREATE THE LAST FEATURE AS A FLAT FEATURE

2) CREATE A FAMILY TABLE WITH THE LAST FEATURE INCLUDED AS THE FLAT INSTANCE

3) VERIFY AND EXIT FAMILY TABLE

4) SUPRESS FLAT FEATURE IN MODEL

YOU CAN ALSO ADD A VIEW FOR CREATING THE DEVELOPED FLAT IN THE DRAWING. I EVEN GO AS FAR AS PUTTING THE FLAT ON A SECOND SHEET WHERE I CAN TURN OFF DISPLAYS OD DIMENSIONS AND FORMAT SO AS TO EXPORT A DXF OF THE FLAT FOR PROGRAMMING

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back