Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

pro/engineer configuration file open erro

ankur_fox

This is what i got when i tried to run pro ENGINEER wildfire 2.0: -

Unable to launch pro/ENGINEER because no valid configuration (*.psf) files were found. Please run "ptcsetup" from your installation "bin" directory & create a PTC startup file. This is needed for pro/ENGINEER to lanch successfully

I located the file and launched it, could not understand most of it but ran through it anyways and the situation is still the same.

Anyone??

A .psf file controls the start up of Pro/E. It controls what license should it use, what modules get loaded in the startup etc., When you run the 'PtcSetup' this file will be created in the Bin folder and the shortcut for Pro/E on your desktop would be pointing to this file.

Anyways, to fix your problem, run the Ptcsetup; during the process when you come across the following screen, Check the "Additional License Configurations".

View attachment 1713

In the next screen, give the config an easily identifiable name (eg: proewf2). Select all the modules and options that you want to see in the start up. Also, let Pro/E create a new desktop icon (you should see that option in one of them screens). Go thro the entire process and let Pro/E complete the configuration.

Now you should see a new icon on your desktop for Pro/E. Delete the old one (optional) and make sure the new one is pointing to the new psf file you created (Right click on the Icon > Properties) and at the proper startup directory where you have your config.pro file located.

Double click and start Pro/E. This should work. Let me know what you came up with.

Edited by: anandel

Also - seems simple, but check you've got read/write access to the Pro/E bin folder... I've seen some users with limited access (by IT) to this folder, so they can't save changes or create the proewildfire.psf file.

ok, i got my pro/E up and running. Here's another 1 for you though. I cannot open *.prt files made using the educational (or student) versionin the version that i am using. Is that normal?? I heard there's a way where in those files can be converted to run in the normal pro/E program but i do not want to try that out as i dont want to risk another installation.
Edited by: ankur_fox

Yes. Supposedly some university administrators have a tool to convert files between student and comercial versions. I'm sure it is just a matter of stripping out a flag somewhere in the file.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back