Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Moving NC Sequences between Op’s - how??

marker4x4

Greetings all;

my question of the day: is it possible to move any NC Sequence between operations?

E.g. I decide to split an operation into two - or merge two into one, you get my drift. Even copy/paste/delete would be OK, but I can't seem to find a way, am I missing something?

As usual, any replies will be much appreciated. Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone

-mark

You can have several operations within one manufacturing file. Once you have defined the new operation, (or split), reorder the features, (operation & fixture), before the sequences that you want to split off. Once that is done, right-click on the sequence in the model tree, pick "Edit definition",then "operation", and select the operation that you want this sequence to be in.

appinmi said:
...Once that is done, right-click on the sequence in the model tree, pick "Edit definition",then "operation", and select the operation that you want this sequence to be in.

Geez, you know - sometimes my own ignorance just blows me away
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Thanks appinmi, you're "da man" !!

-mark

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back