Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Stumped the Booey

MugenPower

Hi Guys

For such a simple part, this one is really giving me grief. After the first wall, I createda hem (now called "flange" in WF2) on each end. Then I unbent the part, added the cutouts and bend it back. All is good except that the part will not flat pattern. Maybe I've been beating my brains on it for too long to see the problem - someone with a clear head may see it right away. Help please? TIA

2005-12-14_103511_8xmpo_plate.prt.zip

There is indeed more than 1 way to skin a cat - yes that does work. I was trying to avoid setting up a family table with a flat instance but that may be the only way to go. There is a TPI on the ptc website about this but the suggested workaround was in broken english and didn't make sense.

In general I would recommend use unbend feature instead of flat pattern.

Unbend is more flexible than flat pattern. i never use it for my projects.

Israr

hrj0 said:
Can you provide the TPI number?

TPI 123294 seems to be addressing the problem that I am seeing. The resolution statement that throws me is "Flat Wall With Radius will make separated by edge geometry. Unbend features will be created successfully in such a case."

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back