Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Date Format

JamesM

We are using Intralink 3.3 with Wildfire 2.0. Our drawings use an Intralink parameter called proi_created_on to show the model's creation date. Theparameter defaults to a date-time format (such as "12/14/2005 8:07:29 AM"). What needs to be done (within Intralink, I assume) to reformat the parameter to just the date?

I don't know if you can do anything in Intralink. But you can make a relation i ProE to fickup the first 10 letters.

In our start parts, we had a relation that did just that.

cretaed_date = extract (proi_created_on,1,10)

HOWEVER

We had different results on Win2K and WinXP with the same date format set on the OS. If the date is July 7, 2005,

Win 2000 would return 07/07/2005

WIn XP would return 7/7/2005 8

Opened a call and PTC agreed it was a problem but they were NOT interested in fixing it. When I told them we were switching to PDMLink, which uses 2005/07/07, as the date format and we were seeing it consistent in the extract to the shortened date, PTC closed my call with no resolution. From the conversations I had with PTC, I got the feeling thatthe code was imbedded deep inside of Pro/E and would be a major task to correct. PTC had no interest in digging into it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back