Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cursor Pre-selection not working

JohnLovell

I'm having a problem with parts in an assembly not highlighting when my cursor rolls over them. I have to be next to an edge, and it often takes 5-6 seconds for anything to highlight. I thought at first it was because I was working with such large assemblies, but it happens in smaller assemblies, too. If I turn pre-selection off, I can click on parts and select them with no problem. With pre-selection on, I can't click on anything that isn't highlighted. Any ideas? I'm working on a Dell 670 with a 3.2 Ghz processor and an NVIDIA something-or-another.

Ihave this problems as well. We run Dell 360's with Nvidia Quadro FX 1000.

There is a solution Though; In the Mouse properties select tab Pointer Options. Uncheck Enhance pointer precision. The backside is that your mouse is not as accurate anymore but it's the best I've come up with. PTC could not reproduce the issue ...

I have also this problem, while in asm it is difficult or not possible to select parts or other subassembly's. Then I must go to filter, select part and then everything works but it is a waste of time.
This happened on two different machines (one was Intel P4 3.0 Ghz, with 3DLabs wildCat realism 100, and other is Athlon Barton 2500+ with NVIDIA FX5600 ultra) so I think that this isn't hardware problem.
If I remember correctly it started (this problemwith selecting) when I installed Widlfire 2.0 M130.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back