Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

punch question

Blaze

I'm trying to create a punch form using simple cylinder tool. And the question is: how do ProE decide how much material to extrude from the other side? And how can i correct this quantity?

I think, if I understand what you are asking, that it depends on the way you mount the tool to the piece.

Well, the way I understand your question, you actually are expecting Pro/E Sheetmetal to do some 'analysis' for you. Well, it can't. The amount of material that needs to be gathered for forming or extrusion is left to the tool maker to develop. For example, you can model a 2" X 2" , 0.12 thick material and hit it with a form 1.5" diameter and 12" long! Pro/E will create the form for you in a snap. Because its just a sheetmetal modeling tool. You would need some 'analysis' tools like dynaform or something to calculate fracture, material thinning and all that stuff.

Edited by: anandel

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back