Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating Flat wall in WF2

rob1wal

Hi Guys and Girls,

A question, I have used Pro-E since V2000, and have just returned from New Zealand where I have been working for 2 years, using Solidworks. I'm back now on WF2 and doing some sheetmetal stuff. The issue I have is, i'm trying to create a sheetmetal part with 2 flanges, very simple, the only thing is that WF2 doesn't have an option in the dashboard to create the finished corner I require, i.e. No Rip where it meets the other flange wall, it's hard to describe so see the JPG's below, the 1st is the result I want and the second is what I don't!!! In Solidworks Sheetmetal there were about 3 or 4 options while creating this type of wall and you could get the result I want no worries. I might have missed a option or something if so please educate me!!

Cheers Rob

This is the result I want, i got this by extruding an unattached wall and then merging.

View attachment 1454

This is what the options produce in the dashboard.

View attachment 1455

try to "insert " - "wall"- "extend"

The other option is start the piece like a solid and then using a conversion you can convert it to sheet metal, I think is faster for pieces like boxes.... and you can try the finishing of the corners....

Good luck!

What you want to achieve in your first picture should be very simple and virtually the default.

I think Brian and fselga may have mis-read your request as the extend type wall appears to be what you DON'T want.

What you do want appears to be a simple, attached, extruded or sketched wall.

An alternative would be to convert from shelled solid with 3 converging
radii and surface rip out the vertex sphere and one edge radius.

DB

I'm not a big fan of the way Pro handles sheet metal corners. You could try sketching the walls or extendingthem. We laser cut parts where I work so I usually just put notches in the corners to get the shape I desire. If your having the parts punched try putting a round hole in the corner, then make your walls and extend them.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back