Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

newbie in Pro/NC, I need your help

ndk

Hi all, I've learned pro/NC for a week, just teaching myself. I dont' know what is exactly the diffencesbetween Prev NC seq and ByPrevTool options when execute a local mill? can anyone give me some advice

Thanx
Edited by: ndk

Is it possibleto use one tool, say tool1, and then change to tool2 in the same NC seq?

Hi NDK
The prev seq means u want to machine material left by any prev nc seq, by prev tool u can machine material left by any prev tool u use in prev seq, it may be one or more seqs.
That means u make 2 or more nc seqs with a 12mm end mill, and u have material left on corners and u want to machine it, then u can pick prev tool.
The second question: if u want to change the tool of any prev seq u can do it, and if u want to use 2 tools in one seq, it is impossible.
Zaki

It looks to me like you are using a straight mill to mill a tapered wall. Have you ever done CNC machining before? If you are trying to learn how to machine a part and use pro man you are in for a big suprise. I would use a straight end mill to rough the pocket and pick "rough_stock_allow to leave stock for finish. I then would either use a tapered end mill or a ball end mill to finish it. What are those pins sticking up in the picture?

Thanx for your reply, cncwhiz. Your comment gives me a clue. It's my confusion to select wrong tool (straight tool instead of ball end)
smiley5.gif
. Here's my new result. It's pretty good,

View attachment 1868

NDK,

I looked at your tutorial, I am training a new guy here at work. He is using the same site for his training. I think that their explanations a not the good. The tutorial got you there but The walls in their example look like crap. Try this; go into your sequence parameters and change the step depth to somthing like 1mm. Run the tool again. This will make the walls smoother.

Hello,

Instead of step depth i prefer to use sacllop height ! it will give a more even finish on your surfaces.

Taz
Edited by: tazbaby

Levancuong, would love to help, but i (i wouldn't be so presumptuous to use we in this case, who knows what sort of linguists might lurk here) don't understand Vietnamese.

too bad Babelfish doesn't do Vietnamese. sorry mate.

Levancuong,

Tis good advice to remove your e-mail from your signiture. It has been requested that all users refrain from posting thier email addresses in the forums.

i notice quite a lot of folks doing that round this neck of the woods. not exactly the wisest thing to do on the intarwebthingie, unless they happen to have a fancy for spam.

smiley17.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back