Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Suggestion for McadCentral – IMPORTANT

Speling

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/spainmediainternet;_ylt=Aqbktvaw bi9P4By2Cns.E6AjtBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA-- [/url]

First

Read this article above

Second

Think what we can do here like
that, and post comments regarding any or all of below mentioned points.

1. <li ="Msonormal" style="text-align: justify;">Writing an articles about ProE<li ="Msonormal" style="text-align: justify;">Showing all new stuff connected to ProE<li ="Msonormal" style="text-align: justify;">All people can be included there, regarding the
    quality of their text or stuff they want to show<li ="Msonormal" style="text-align: justify;">Advertising can be also add, which can help
    us/McadCentral<li ="Msonormal" style="text-align: justify;">Is this stupid or?

Chief editor

Speling

(I am kidding only with this
chief editor)

Additional explanations

All people

Speling, if I'm understanding you correctly, everything you are proposing is already available on this website. There are articles (although no new ones in a long time), there is CAD news on the home page, there are topics discussed by all kinds of people, and there are adivirtisements all over the place. The only new item you're suggesting is to have the members be paid some of the advertising revenue. I don't see that happening but maybe I not seeing you the value of your business plan.

I am talking about Internet newspaper, not web site. One thing is
coming here, and another when news comes to you (your inbox). Newspaper
means lots of news, information

Well, Chief, if enthusiasm counts for anything, you might be on to something. As soon as I learn this Pro/E stuff I'll send in my column. (go Bears, ha, ha).

PtcUser or ProUser has a lot of thisstuff. Plus the monthly magazine. I wish there wasn't two sites. Whats the point of having 2 sites doing the same thing. I often see the same posts from the same people coming across both sites. The users on this site, in my opinion, are much less experienced than the pro_user site. There is much more personal fighting and badgering on this site than pro_user. It is my hunch, and only a hunch, that there are many users on this site using unlicensedillegally seats of pro. The reason I say that is that people seem so misguided and ask very basic questions that if they had any contact with PTC whatsoever, orPTC tech support, they would not be asking the questions. This is just my opinion after belonging to ptc user for 6 years and this site about 2 years.

"The users on this site, in my opinion, are much less experienced than the pro_user site."

Except for the fact that members of this site know how to use the web, while the exploder, still stuck in 1995, assumes web access is too advanced a concept for most people. Whatever Speling is dreaming up is light years beyond thefrivolous emails that were clogging up my Outlook every Friday morning from somebodyso bored at work to do their job that they decided to rekindle the old Pro/E was better pre- release 20 debate. Talk about badgering, I can count on 3 hands how many belligerant emails I got after I sent out an email.AndDON'T get me started about those damned OUT OF OFFICE replies from ALL OVER THE WORLD.

(How about that for the RANT column?)

You make a good point about the out of office emails. But when it comes to content and information, I've harvested little from this site as compared to the other service. For example, ugrade your intralink from 3.2 to 3.4, and try to get 3.4 operationaland functioning properly. The topic was hardly ever mentioned here, if ever. On the other site, there was tons of chatter on the subject, and I had printed out posts that helped my upgrade. I save valuable info from the forums. I thinked I have saved two subjects from this site, and about 300 from the other, and thats the truth. I read this site everyday though, and love the rant & rave section the best.

Speling, I'm sorry if my remarks have turned the direction of this thread. It was not my intent to steal your thunder. Ifelt that some of the features you want are available elsewhere, and it is relevent to the topic to mention that. I think it is not in your best interest to have "blinders" on to the other site. Too many topics there never get any mention here, in my observations. But I should not have gotten into comparison mode.

As far as my references to "illegal" and"inexperienced" I figured I'd take some heat from that. I should have worded itbetter,the way I typed it did put everyone in one basket.What I meant was that if you took all the members and put them together, they would be less experienced than those on the other forum. I did include that it was my opinion, never said it was fact. As for illegal licensing, it just seems to me that people ask questions as if they have never been to PTC.com. Its about impossible to get a legit implimentation without ever going there frequently. I don't go around posting mudslinging posts as a hobby, but I was shooting from the hip on this one, wasn't I!!?

If I totally disliked this site I wouldn't be here every day. I just think in a perfect world, there would be one big site where every one belonged.We would all have one focal point. What if someone came out with a whole new internet that was 10% better, and called it the Xorld Xide Xeb.But the www could not see the xxx. Soon companies would want to make sure they were on both webs. Then you'd have to start checking www.mcadcentral, and xxx.mcadcentral. See what I mean??

I applaud you effort to imrove the site, there are some good ideas there. I enjoy your posts and you have my respect.

Uh where to start?
Well your idea Spelling is good, but maybe you got afew obstacles in way to become real (well you must endure
smiley2.gif
). Here are some of them (just those I can think of):
You must definitely pay people for their job on articles (otherwise they wouldn't have motivation).
Second you must assemble a lot of people around you who would support all that thing, and work hard to this idea become newsletter (I'm not talking about thous who will write articles, I'm talking about people who would take care job of finding companies for adversing, who would take car of technical things etc.).
Then where to start?, what would be first newsletter about? do we just start writing about wf2? or in general about cad modeling? and then you must include all other software (SolidWorks, CATIA, Unigraphic, SolidEdge, Fluent, CFDesign, Tecnomatix, and all other great software).
Also you must realize that someone haw got great knowledge of Proe but he is terrible writer, or he does not know god English, who will correct grammatical errors in whole newspaper etc.

If you take car of all problems and all other stuff then you got one who will definitely write in those newsletter
smiley2.gif

About that some people from this forum uses illegal proe, lets get real it is true and then what can you do about it? and those stupid questions, i remember when I started to use Proe, in my collage professor teach us but that what he told us was about 0.5% of all ProE knowledge, when I started to work there I learn more about proe (and yes company I work has got legal license), although I didn't take any course, or talk to ptc to learn all I know. In those years I'm working (almost 3) I call ptc only 3 times for support, most of my problems I run to I'm solving myself or here on this forum. And back then when I was on collage if I would know about this site then I would ask a lot of stupid questions
smiley36.gif

Whowould be the intended readership?

If you recruit the members of this forum to write the newsletter, then surly you will be trying to 'sell' this thing to it's own authors.

Ok I have read, and I think now I have several answers for all!

1.Paying people will be from money, which will be earned from
advertisements, and specialized writhing and publishing of different
kinds of articles - like ordinary newspaper - nothing new and nothing
untested.

2.Advertisments will be find trough Mcad, and personally by us - We
will have somebody responsible for that and He will be in relatively
constant communication with administrator of this forum concerning that
admin also wants to sell and to allow all companies already visible
here to be visible in the newspaper.

Idea is that we don

If you mean how we will call it (newspaper) - for now I think it is not
too important - but it can be McadNews - or whatever -What is important
will it start to function or no - I think that idea is good - I will
gladly heard all other VIP-s and VETERANS-s opinions about this - All
them like me spend lot of time here (goosemonster you to also) - It is
also very possible that some of them will be included in

Spelling:

While I have over 12,000 hours of Pro/E time, it is pretty limited to basic stuff. Still no surfacing, piping, cabling. Just have never had the need to learn it. You sent me that tutorial way back when. I just printed it out and put it in a binder. A matter of time.

As for your newspaper idea, it sound good, just time comsuming for the writers, publishers, etc.

Best wishes,

Roger

nother idea from speling. I hope it goes better than the modeling contest idea.

Why not just add blogging to the site. You maintain your own blog and if you get a lot of hits, people coming back to read your stuff,then maybe paid advertisment could be worked out. If you can show that people actually read your blog,... numbers sale.

Why would this site or any other site pay someone to write something not knowing if anybody is going to read it.

Oh come on, I remember someone saying "lets have a competition". I also remember that same person getting fustrated because how complex of a direction you took it. You signed yourself along with others to do the work, which by the way,it would seem that most of the "work" wascreated from the direction you dreamed up,so I really could care less how much of your personal time it took. You wanted it, you got it. You can shake each others hands and pat each other on the back, thats fine but for thoughs who waited and waited and got shut out on what was going on and finally gave up on it, who cares.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back