Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

material library

dmark

Does anyone know where i can get a good material library for proe 2001?

I need one as complete as posible.

once you down load the file what do you do with it? I can't open anything in it.

All I need is the density number for 1010 steel.
smiley19.gif

Are you talking about Pro/MECHANICA module? If you have full instalation(I mean license) for Mechanica than you should have installed extra folder in "Dokuments" in Windows for mechanica. There should be the folder full of those materials for Mechanica.If you want to add new material to the material library than justcopy your new material to this folder. I already forget exact name of this folder but you justcannotoverlook it. Hope this help you.
Edited by: Miko

Why is there nowhere a standard library of material part
for PROE? Surely PTC can see the need for this? Have been
searching the whole day for a standard library of plastics
but no luck?

Anyone that can help?

Hi Dmark

maybe I can help you: I can give you by personal email an archive with materials but these files are used on proE Wildfire3 so i am not sure if it will work in ProE 2001. Anyway, not all materials are defined with all mechanical parameters, usualy they have the density and sometimes other parameters. Some materials have the description in italian language I mean the name of the material.
Let me know if that could be OK

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back