Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

a tool path problem

ygq220

hi all, I am new member for this forum, my english is very poor , but I still whish I can get your help, below is a tool path that get from other forum. I don't know how to do it , are there anyone can manage to do it? if you can achieveit , please tell me how should i do?

View attachment 1399
Edited by: ygq220

ygq220

That toolpath is easy in Proe!

1.Use surface milling then use cutline to define cut !

2. then use closed cutline option and create datum curve that is a circle and projected on to that surface !

3. For the second cutline use actual edge of the surface selected it will be a circle also.

4. select helicoil in parameter tree and watch!

View attachment 1401

Mace

Edited by: mace

mace,thank your answer

but , you see , my tool path isn'tsame to yours, in fact , I can do the tool path like yours, my tool path is :

1, between two layers is connected by helix mode

2, every layer's lead in and out is circle

3, the radius of lead in and lead out is gradually growing

This may sound stupid ,

Why Would you need such a toolpath perhaps you can achieve better finish and better mold (product) By never lifting the tool ?

The Helix toolpath is one of the best surfaceing paths out there !

Why? It never changes direction of cut or lifts for reposistion,part comes out as smooth as your stepover and tolereance settings.

However by using spiral scan instead of helix scan you could get close to what you are asking for but the variable lead in lead out will be tricky good luck !

Mace
Edited by: mace

I would agree with mace.

You will get a much better finish with the helical surface routine and the fact that your tool is always in contact. Now if you are worried that the toolpath is to long, you can always do arc fitting. Your post should be able to handle it

If you are set on getting the same as in your picture you would need to use the profile option, then you would get the same as in your picture. This option would alow you to use cuttercomp since the toolpath is produce in a 2 21/2 inviroment.

Hope this helps

Tony

thanks all the same , but don't get me wrong , I certainly know the helical surface routing perhaps is one of the best routing for my example. I just talk about a technique in here . may be it will work in some other situation. so if some one can manage to do it , please paste a picture and tell me how to set up the parameters. now , I can set up lead in and out in circle center, but can't do the spiral scan and the mutative radius, I have tried these ways like what Mace and Tony said. allwere failure.

ygq220

Try using NC SEQ Profile. Set parameters GOUGE_AVOID_TYPE to TIP_ONLY; SLICE_PATH_SCAN to SLICE_BY_SLICE; LEADIN to YES; LEAD_OUT to YES; LEAD_RADIUS to value of cutter radius; NORMAL_LEAD_STEP to same as LEAD_RADIUS. The toolpath created will be very similar to the one that is displayed in your picture. Adjust the STEP_DEPTH to achieve different results.

View attachment 1421

thanks dbrainsky

but Your methoddo not conform to my toolpath, I have already tried your method before. you can try it again.

can anyone give me the internet link to download PRO-E wildfire software.

THANKS
smiley1.gif

marker4x4 said:
ygq220 said:
below is a tool path that get from other forum.

Why didn't you simply ask the person who originally posted that screenshot?

What's the "other" forum?

-mark

the key is that one notell mehow to do it . it seems that no one can manage to do it here? please ,don't let me down.

Hello I've been using Pro/NC for 13 yrs or so. From whatI can gather the tool path you got from the other forum is due to the special shape of the part being machined, the lead in and lead out curve seeming migrate about the part as the cut line is generated about the part at the level of each cutline generated. This does not seem special to me from the picture. I'm sorry if my explanation does not help, maybe I'm seeing this wrong,but its seems the right explanationto me.

mace said:
ygq220

That toolpath is easy in Proe!

1.Use surface milling then use cutline to define cut !

2. then use closed cutline option and create datum curve that is a circle and projected on to that surface !

3. For the second cutline use actual edge of the surface selected it will be a circle also.

4. select helicoil in parameter tree and watch!

View attachment 1906

Mace

Mace,

with regards to your instruction #2, do you use a very small diameter circle for the inner projected curve? i understand what is going on here, but instead of letting the system joining one cutline to another smaller cutline to form the spiral form of path, is there any way for Pro/NC to form a spiral path from a point to a circle?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back