Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Interchange Assembly

Hello,

An interchange assembly is for replacing components using pro/program that do not have the same feature ID.

If you wish to use this create a new interchange, assemble all of the required parts you wish to interchange between. Create a new set of reference tags, this is where you tell ProE which feature you wish to use to interchange between parts or assemblies. You can have multiple reference tags in an interchange. You may wish to do this if you have some parent child relationship where you are using this interchange.

If you are using a family table item inside this interchange you only need to add the Generic. However if you are only trying to interchange parts that are inside the same family table you do not need an interchange. As I said before this is for changing parts that have different feature ID.

If you need more information please let me know and I will try to give you an example.

You can try www.cadtrain.com for downloadablemanuals. We have the basic manuals for the 2001 version which has a good easy to follow format. Under the advanced assembly catagory is the interchange assembly instructions.Unfortunetly at first glance, I did not see this in the free download for wildfire. However, if 2001 version is available, it would be worthwhile atlooking at purchasing it.

If you are going to use the inter. asy in an upper level family table, be aware that you may lose some information if you need to back up the upper level asy. That is what we found in two seperate occasions. Besides that it seemed to work very well.

bribai

I've got a tutorial - PDF instructions and the files for it.

Email me offline if you'd like it and I'll zip it up and send it to you.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back