Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

MAPKEYS ??????

brettp

smiley7.gif

PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY MAPKEY ISSUE...

When we brought our mapkeys from 2001 into wildfire 2 they would either crash the system or only partially work?? Even when we create new mapkeys in wildfire 2 they still are bad and only work some of the time??? We are trying to make the switch over and this is a real issue for us!! And tech support is no help at all in india!!! Please any info on this would be very helpful!

Thanks, Cross New Product Development Team
smiley4.gif

We also had that problem. Big P.I.T.A. All I can say is you'll have to fight your way through it. If you take a look at your mapkeys in config pro and make a copy of it (config), recreate the any mapkey strokes and compare 2001 with what you recreated, the codes are different. Like I said...BIG P.I.T.A
smiley7.gif
. Sorry, there is no quick help, you'll have to fight through it.

Some work, some don't. It just depends on what parts of the GUI you are tickling. You have to test every one.

You can cheat a little to figure out what mapkeys are really hosed, go to the std.out file and it will tell you the really bad mapkeys that are not valid by the line number that is bad in the config.pro, not all will be there, as Gallup says some mapkeys will still work, and it's weird that some menu items are not there but the mapkey works....

"Even when we create new mapkeys in wildfire 2 they still are bad and only work some of the time???"

I also had this problem with mapkeys containing RMB commands. PTC said, that RMB commands are not supported by mapkeys.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back