Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Light scatter

AdrianHomutescu

Could anyone tell me what's the thing with the Light Scatter option in the Light Editor menu?

I got three types of scatter: Off, Linear and Natural. I switch from one to another and I sometimes get some slight difference but not so obvious as I would have expected...

The denominations themselves (Off, Linear and Natural) must have some meaning. Not knowing them I cannot understand their proper use.

Please light-en me a bit :) !

hi!

Light scatter only take effects when you have Photolux renderer. Scatter is used for lightbulb and spotlight. It specifies how far the light scatters from the source. You can diminish light using a natural or linear method or you can turn off Scatter.

You can see the effectof light scatter with green tone through this simple example

View attachment 1357

hiii ndk

Can u plz provide some details how to use LIGHT SCATTER i am tryin to use but i cant get it can u plz help me out

thanx

Lightscatter simulates the atmospheric scattering of light within a medium such as a smoky room or a hazy atmosphere. Lightbulbs and spotlights support light scatter.

Listen to what PTC help about lightscatter (In PTC help)

1. <LI =kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Numbered>
    Click View > Model Setup > Render Control. The Render Control toolbar appears.
    <LI =kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Numbered>
    Click
    img00054.gif
    in the Render Control toolbar. The Environment Editor dialog box opens.
    Select Light Scatter and click Settings. The Light Scatter dialog box opens.
    Click the Color swatch and define the color using the Color Editor dialog box.
    Specify the density of the scatter medium. Increasing the density intensifies the effect and makes the scattering more visible.
    Use the Clip thumbwheel to specify the distance, in model units, that the medium extends to from the eyepoint.
    If required, select Turbulence to create turbulent light scattering effect and specify the amount of detail in the scatter medium and the overall size of the turbulence. Rendering time increases significantly after applying turbulence.
    If required, select Shadows to specify whether the medium itself receives shadows. Selecting Shadows increases rendering time significantly and is valid only when lights cast shadows.</LI>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back