Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire 2.0 M120 Balloon Bug

Gerrywide

Has anyone experienced a bug in which BOM balloons resort quantities and/or disappear altogether?
smiley11.gif
I have received an info box telling me that BOM balloon quantities have changed and which ones. When I repair the drawing, the next time the drawing repaints the same thing occurs. I have tried reinstalling the parts with some limited success but with 180+ components this can be tricky. This drawing and models has been created in Pro/E 2001, and is now being revised with Wildfire 2.0. This assembly has two bearings in it both the same each bearing is called out with a separate balloon, after repaint, one balloon goes away leaving only one still with a qty 1 callout.

I'm rambling ... any ideas???

Yes! I have seen this, and had typed up a resolution request to product support. Once they spoke to the issue, they had indicated that indeed this was a problem. They indicated that it was going to be resolved in a later issue of the software. We have since upgraded to Wildfire 2.0 and are currently at build M170, and I thought this would have been resolved by now, butfind I am still chasing balloons around my drawing.

I recently had two merged balloons that disappeared. As I highlighted the balloons with leaders that they were merged to, they then re-appeared as if by majic???

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back