Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro E

Nick-D

I am a design engineer working for asmall company and we curently use ironcad and rhino, I am intereseted in getting to know Pro E in my spare time and it seems like the student edition may be the way to go as it is very cheap. I belive you can purchase it for home personel use, which is fine, as I also design model aircraft in my own time.

Is the student edition a usable version, i.e. I want to know how cut down it is from the full version, and do you think its a good buy.

Secondly are we near to an upgrade , Wildfire 3.0 ? is now a good time to buy?

Cheers in advance.

Nick

Hello there:

Student version is they way to go for the reason you whant topurchase it for. But it has it's limitations, specially to munipulate other files comingfrom comercials license. After you learn how to work with it and its capabilities and how much you can acomplish, maybe you should push some buttoms and get your boss to purchase one with all the propper license you need to get the job done. And about wf3 is concern just don't worry about it for now, people is already arguing about it. I work with wf2 and it's just perfect for me.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back