Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

4 axis milling

richbvap

Hey all,

I've put together a session using a fourth axis table rotating about theX axis(A).

The part is a cylinder and I'm milling a helical slot using"trajectory"," follow curve" to guide the tool.everything looks good in the tool path play.

yet my cl andalso the post file is outputting aY and Z axis move with the X and A axis rotation.

Obviously Pro will not show me the actualtable rotation in thetool path output.

Where is this calculation to be done in the cl files or in the post.

I guess what I'm getting at is am I doing somthing wrong in my set-up

or do I need to look at my post for the answers

You must either force the tool to stay normal to the cylinder surface, or create an axis, at the beginning and the end of the curve, that defines the "start" and "end" tool axis to follow. Then you have to redefine your automatic cut and select "axis control", "axis definition", "add", "along trajectory", and "done. Now select the start end of your curve and then pick the axis you want it to start at, and done. Now add another axis control at the end of the curve the same way. The tool should evenly move from the start axis to the end axis.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back