Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to setup absolute accuracy?

TeQie

Hi, Im using wildfire version and wondering how to switch to absolute accuracy instead of rel accuracy..In the setup -> accuracy it does not show any button to handle my problem...please advise.

yeapp it works now..thx so muchhh Anyway, people use absolue accuracy instead of changing the value of relative accuracy...my question is, does it change the accuracy of parts to one global tolerance? or it rounds up all the decimal value to the nearest possible value that fits all components?
Edited by: TeQie

As far as I know, the accuracy is individual. You may have absolute accuracy for the assembly that affects assembly features and sections. The parts may very well still have relative accuracy.

Sometimes, if an assembly operation does not work (merge, section etc) you try setting the same absolute accuracy in all affected parts, subassys and assemblies. That usually resolves the issue.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back