Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

new pro e user question

lwoods

I am having trouble with pro e wildfire 2.0. I had to re-install the windows xp on my laptop and then i re installed pro e. my problem is now that pro e is reinstalled, when i drag the mouse over a part the blue highlighting appers and then when i move the mouse off of the part the blue lines slowly dissapear. this makes selecting multiple object very slow and frustrating. I there something i can do to my computer to make this not happen. I have an intel 3.2GHz 1G of ram ATi radeon 9700 with 128mb and it use to run pro e just fine. I have tried downloading the newest drivers but it does not help.

thank you for your help

It sounds like a graphics problem. Do you know what video driver you were using before? Can you go back to it? Newer drivers are not always better. Are you sure you are running in open_GL graphics mode?

I dont know what driver i was using previously... I am not that computer savvy soooo. what is open_GL mode?

I had the same problem. It drove me nuts. I had to reload the drivers that came with my video card. You should have gotten them on disk with your video card or Computer. You can also go to the ATI web site and download the correct driver.

Dana

OpenGL is the software that allows the graphics card to provide hardware acceleration for Pro/E. If you start Pro/E and click Help/Technical Support Info it will write a support.txt file in your working directory. Open this with a text editor and should see this on about line 44:

Pro/ENGINEER Graphics Type: OPENGL

Try putting this line in your config.pro

graphics opengl

(note: no underscore, that was a mistake in my earlier post)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back