Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

joint axis

liquidcrystal

hi, i'm using proe2001 and i'm trying to create my first mechanism animation...

but I have a problem: while creating the drive, it asks me the joint axis, but i can't select anything...i have already the complete assembly and even the skeleton

what can i do? shall i create a joint axis? how?

thanx

You need to define joint axis for mechanism to work. Joint axis is an axis or point that mechanism is rotating around or translating through. It is shown as an yellow arrow with the circle around it or a box with an arrow.

You can select joint axis on the scrren or through the model tree (on the end of it).

If your mechanism isn't defined correctly (if you assembled everything with regular assemblying techniques, Insert, Align, Mate, ....), then your mechanism doesn't have any free axis or coordinate to rotate around, therefore joint axis maybe isn't displayed.

You have to define mechanism. When assemblying components to move/rotate, you have to choose Connection tab and define mechanism joints. E.g., when assemblying shaft, you have to choose Pin connection and define axis of rotation and translation constraint for shaft to not move in axial direction. When done, joint axis will show in mechanism and then you can select it.

this is what i do:

i create a new assembly, then: assemble-->component and i choose the component i want to assemble...but "connection tab" doesn't appear inside the "component placement" window...only 2 tabs apper inside of it:"place" and "move"...

why?

what can i do?

thanx

Do your status messages say, that you have to check licence for Pro/Mechanism module? If not, then on the picture below there is a connection "tab" (it's not really tab, more a pull-down):

<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />View attachment 1302</v:shape>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back