Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

how to produe rotation due to contact of

meenu_2710

hai friends ,2005-10-19_064306_1.zip

i am facing a problem in pro mechanica ,can any one help me in solving it .i need to set a connection between the slot on yellow part and the slot follower .the red part moves at a rate of 2PI radians for 10 sec and the yellow part has to move thrice in that time weh it is engaged to the slot follower ie., the the pink pin .at the rest of the time the yellow part should not move .i need it urgently can any one hel me. i am attaching the image as zip file

Hi,

This is similar to the geneva mechanism used in one of the PTC tutorials.

Create a CAM connection in mechanism - first cam is the surfaces of the pink pin (remember to select both sides so that the full 360Deg becomes a cam surface). Second CAM surface is one of the slots - both straight faces and the semi-cylindrical face at the bottom of the slot. Enable lift-off in properties.

Repeat this for all three slots - the pin surfaces are always the first cam in each campair.

When you rotate the red disc the pin wil pick up the slot, rotate the yellow disc then dissengage when the pin exits the slot. You might need to add a lead-in chamfer to one side of the slots so that the pin can enter without freely.

If you want the mechanism to run automatically then add a servo motor to the pin connection on the red disc and put in the motor properties you require.

Have fun, Baptie

hai baptie,

i am sending u a zip file of cam follower connection definition box which i get in which i dont have option to " allow lift off " option to enable it so what should i do can u guide me

with regards

meenakshi Daisga2005-10-20_140403_2.zip

hello patie ,

thanks for u help but still as u said i tried but the window that pop up for cam selection was not as u said .i am not getting the cam1,cam2,properties window in" cam follower connection" window.i am attacting the window i am getting for cam selection so plz check this and help me .hope i am not irritating u by constant mails.hopinh to see u r reply soon2005-10-28_064820_2.zip

-- Previous Private Message --
Sent by : Baptie
Sent : 26October2005 at 4:50am

Hi, sorry not been online for a few days,

My copy of 2001 and doesn't have a mechanism licence, but I think it is the same as wildfire1

When you select the Cam function (Open cam not slot cam) you will get a dialogue box with three tabs - Cam1, Cam2, Properties. Select the pin surfaces for Cam1 - this becomes the follower. Select the groove surfaces on the other component for Cam2 - these become the cam track. After you have selected the surfaces you will be able to select Enable Lift-Off fro the properties tab.

The chamfer is just added in normal modelling - just enough to remove the sharp edge of the track - only used as a lead in to the track slots.

Hope this helps

Baptie

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back