Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire 2.0 not reading config.pro/dtl?

adfteh

I recently created a drawing in Wildfire 2.0 from a part that was modeled in Wildfire 2.0.We've just recently installed Wildfire 2.0 at my company to upgrade from 2001, so this is my first official time using it to do my work.I noticed that the text size on the drawing I created was bigger than the default text size we have specified in our drawing dtl file which is located on our Pro-E server. I checked the config.pro on our Pro-E serverand the option "drawing_setup_file" is pointing to the correct dtl file. Also, the option "pro_dtl_setup_dir" is pointing to the correct folder, which contains the correct dtl file. Anybody know what might be the problem? Everything appears correct but for whatever reason, Wildfire 2.0 either isn't reading the config.pro or isn't reading the dtl file......or both. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Where is your config.pro? If it is in loadpoint/text it should be getting read. When you load a new dtl file does the drawing setup directory link to the correct folder? If not, have you got Pro/E WF2 starting up in the correct folder to read your config.pro?

Pro-E is installed locally on every user's machine, whether it be their C:\ drive or D:\ drive. Once Pro-E is installed, a shortcut is added to their desktop and the target points to a pro_start.bat shortcut that is located on my company's Pro-E server on a totally separate drive. All our Pro-E formats, dtl files, etc are located on this Pro-E server/drive. Basically, everyone is reading the same config.pro, until the user decides they want to make a change or two and save it locally to their hard drive. The drawing dtl file we use is also located on the Pro-E server/drive, not on each user's pc. By the way, the shortcut I mentioned earlier comes from the same folder off of our Pro-E server that our config.pro resides in. I don't know if I answered your question(s) or not. I'm completely new to this whole admin process so bare with me.

Pro/E reads 4 config files:
In loadpoint/text it reads config.sup and then config.pro.
Next it reads the config.pro in the startup directory and last it reads the config.pro in the users home directory (typically C:/ on windoz machines). Many admins setup their batch to files copy their server config.pro to each workstation everytime Pro/E starts. Does your pro_start.bat do that? If not, Pro/E is never reading the config.pro on your server.

Dr_Gallup, I believe your last replyhad the answer I was looking for. I have to confirm this but from what I can see, the pro_start.bat is indeed copying the config.pro off of our server BUT it's copying it to our old text folder for our old version of Pro-E. Keep in mind we haven't removed it off our users' pcs.I think that's why in Wildfire 2.0 I'm not seeing the right options. The pro_start.bat file was never updated to reflect where the new Wildfire 2.0 text folder is located. I'll take a look at that. Thanks a lot!

have you specified the correct locationof the dtl file? you can try to copy all the file to yourself computer. and try to find the reason!

Hi,

You can create your own local config.pro file and make your Pro E model
to read it from the local config.pro file instead of the global
config.pro file.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Deepak

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back