Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

EMN failure

Frustrations!

I am trying to import an pcb file from Allegro via EMN and EMP files, but it fails at the EMN stage. The very helpful error message in Pro(wildfire)says "Error in Data - file deleted".

I think there this a problem that the board has 0 thicknesswhen I am importing it. Ihave tried to get the outline into sketcher without success. Been through the EMN generation with the layout guy, and I cannot see any issues. Any thoughtson what I can do to get itinPro?

Cheers

Robins,

This is one of the methods that I use. Open up your emn file in note pad and go and edit the board thickness manually. Usually it should given as 62.0000 for a 0.062" board.

-jay

Jay,

Thanks for the info. I have been going through the file in notepad (and comparing it to a board that I know that works) and cannot identify where in the file the pcb thickness is defined. Do you know how to identify the pcb thickness in there?

.HEADER

BOARD_FILE 3.0 "Pro/ENGINEER TM 2001 (c) 1988-2" 2004/11/12.12:15:21 3

BOARD&nbsp ;&nbsp ;&nbsp ;
THOU&nbsp ;

.END_HEADER

.BOARD_OUTLINE MCAD

I believe the first line after the .BOARD_OUTLINE MCAD in the *.emn is the board thickness, Note the Units is THOU.

Jeff Ruff

You can download the IDF v3.0 specifications for free.
smiley1.gif

http://www.intermedius.com/html/download.htm

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back