Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Rendering in Wildfire

johni

Can anyone out there assist me with rendering in Wildfire 1.0. We design some parts for our customers and I would like to be able to present them in a way other than with a white background. You only get one chance to make a first impression!!! Are there any good web sites or manuals (books) which describe/illustrate the steps necessary to render a model? Howare the rendering features in a basic version of ProE? Any help would be appriciated! Thanks ALL in advance!!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Do you have the basic Photorender or Photolux?

Rendering in ProEcan be tricky. I rater use SolidWorks or Alias StudioTools.

Whatever rendering package comes standard w/ProE Wildfire is what I have. Is Photorender or Photolux standard w/ ProE or is that something that needs to be purchased. Are there any manuals or sites that could provide info on how to render. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Photorender comes standard with Pro/E, gets the job done but the renderings come out alittle unrealistic.

Photolux is the step up rendering package that has the Lightwave rendering engine in it. It goes for $995 U.S.

There are alot more people in here that know alot more, maybe they will give their 2c

a quik crash course- select VIEW(drop down)>model setup> render control- first thing that I do is create a room- add textures (downladabloe from here) to each wall and part, and position...do a search- there are rendering toutorials available here, or links to such anyway.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back