Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Ultrasonic Welding

Mr.Plastic

Hello All,

Does anyone have experience ultrasonic welding of pastic parts. Looking for design parameters, advice.

Thanks

Hacks,

Did that and searched this forum prior to posting. Need some advice, things to watch out for etc. I need to get it right the first time.

Thanks for your reply

http://www.branson-plasticsjoin.com/

SME offers a course (or at least they did 10 years ago) called Welding of Plastics Clinic: Fundamentals and Practical Applications. It covered all types of plastic welding, ultrasonics are limited to only certain types of parts. Way to much to go into detail here.

I've used ultrasonics for metal meshes to thick foils but not specifically on plastics, but I know it is an excellant technique for most plastics... depending on composition, surface texture, etc...Like dr_Gallup I recommend Branson/Amtech. If you're in the northeast I'll send you a really good rep's contact info. I also looked at Sonibond (sp?) in the past but found Amtech superior at the time..

You can also try the Sonics & materials, www.sonics.com. They are a real engineering company when it comes to plastic welding, not just another products manufacturer.

Sonics

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back